Friday, December 14, 2007

Holy Crap

It's the week before the week before Christmas. All was normal at work today, till I noticed a girl crying in the bathroom around 4. And it was all downhill from there.

This afternoon they laid off 25% of our company. I wasn't one of the ones called, but I waited by my desk for 1.5 hours after I should have left because I was worried and they were still calling people in...I was shaking and nervous and stress-eating. I mean, I'm going to leave eventually, but I wanted to have something lined up first! They laid off my entire kids' design team, minus one person, plus all our graphics people and the other kids' buyer. So the kids' team went from 13 to 3 in two hours, and I don't even know what to say. Friends in other departments were cut too. My part of the office will be desolate on Monday. I can't imagine coming in and not seeing these people.

Ridiculous, I don't know what else to say. This weekend's new job: brushing up the resume, just in case they're not done yet...

No comments: