Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total Eclipse of the [Moon]

How appropriate that last night during our circuit training at practice, we sang total eclipse of the heart. Or at least, those who could manage to sing, sang. It's pretty hard to sing while doing the icky shuffle on the agility ladder...

Last night there was a total eclipse of the moon, an event that won't happen again until sometime in 2010 (which really isn't that far away). I had made it home from practice and was relaxing with a quesadilla while I watched it. It was pretty incredible and I wish I had a picture or a video, but unfortunately my camera is psycho and I haven't gotten a new one yet. I could see it out my bedroom window and there was this incredible juxtaposition between the natural phenomenon of the eclipse occurring right over the top of the urban icon of the Empire State Building. It was pretty amazing to watch. The only picture I can find that comes close to it is copyrighted, but you can see it here.

I found this clip on youtube and I love the captions:



The Universe IS Amazing!

No comments: